Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Dearest Dog

My Dearest Dog

There was a small dog, of my life she was a part, 
Since she has gone there is a big void in my heart. 

She came to me when I was two years old,
I wouldn’t have traded her for any amount of gold.

When she held a ball in her mouth she sounded like a pig, called Porky
I guess we goofed when we gave her the name, Corky.

When I did not feel good I would hold her in my arms,
I would soon feel better, it worked like a charm.

When she got excited, she would lick me with her little tongue,
We always played together and had so much fun.

In the middle of the night, on August 1st, my sweet little dog passed away,
She came to me in my dream, a gift from God, the night of my birthday.

There are still nights that I need to cry,
I miss her so, and that is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy