Monday, September 19, 2011

#1 - Surprisingly Satisfied

Surprisingly Satisfied
A resolution to be content

~ Every Bite Counts ~
Friday, September 16, 2011

Carefully consider what the Bible says about contentment:
But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
~ 1 Timothy 6:6

If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
~ 1 Timothy 6:8

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”
~ Hebrews 13:5

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ What have you been hurrying through?

~ What have you been hurrying to get to?

~ What are some of the good parts of your experience that you've missed in your attempt to rush through the more difficult ones?

~ What can you do differently today to "scrape the plate" - to gather up all the good things around you and begin enjoying the journey of your life?
 

~ The Secret ~
Saturday, September 17, 2011

Examples of being dissatisfied:
- If you're single, you should have the security of marriage.
- If you're married, you should have the freedom of singleness.
- If you live in an apartment, you should own a home by now.
- If you own a home, it should be bigger than the one you've got.

Paul's secret: he had resolved to be content...
Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
~ Philippians 4:11-13

When you've concluded of what you already have on hand is enough which has been deemed by God as sufficient...
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
~ 2 Corinthians 9:8

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ A woman of contentment is aware of her needs and what God has already supplied to meet them.  Begin your journey to contentment by making a list.  Label one side "My Needs."  Label the other "God's Provision."  Then match up your needs with the way God is currently meeting them.  Place your life in a handy place for the times you are tempted to lean toward dissatisfaction.

~ What might God be trying to grow in your character or cement in your relationship with Him by keeping you separated from some of the things you want but don't yet have?


~ Overflowing Blessing ~
Sunday, September 18, 2011

Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”
~ Luke 6:38

"A contented woman, when required to give of her time, her love, her resources ... herself ... is sercure in knowledge that she possesses enough to do it.  And she looks forward to experiencing the promise of an outlandish return on her investment."

Few Reasons Why One Would Feel Up to Giving:
- My energy level is so low.
- My "love tank" is running so close to empty, I'm sure I'm about to stall.
- It's only Tuesday, buy my patience quota has already been used up fo the week.
- My wallet is even emptier than I remember, and my financial needs aren't goinng away.

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ When you consider your level of willingness to give of yourself, does it reveal more contentment or discontentment residing in your heart?  In what way?

~ Based on God's provisions that you listed at the end fo the last chapter, what is one thing you could close this book and go do for someone else out of the resource?

~ Record your thoughts regarding this statement: "Sometimes the best, most empowering word you can learn to utter is no."


~ The Balancing Point ~
Monday, September 19, 2011

Staying Surpisingly Satified:
- Businessperson = gets to relish today's accomplishments while at the same time having high expectations for tomorrow

- Homemakre = learns to thrive on the joyful chaos of today's tasks while calmly, patienty looking forward to the slower pace her future may hold

- Single woman = is actually able to enjoy her independence - not just preted she does - and yet be equally excited about what sharing life with a future mate may be like.

Review:
Go back and reread your answers and comments from the questions in this section.  Then read the resolution you are about to make.  Pray about it.  Sit with it a while.  Rest in it.  Even if you're exhausted from life's challanges and demands, make this a moment to breathe deep and savor what God is inviting you into, what He's asking you to give and what He's promising to supply you in order to do it.  When you're ready, make this resolution out loud, maybe even in the presence of someone who can help hold you accountable to it.  Then sign your name below it.

Surprisingly Satisfied
I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.


A Note From Myself:
After picking up the book "The Resolution for Women" by Priscilla Shirer, I begin to learn about the first out of thirteen resolutions is to be content.  I need to be content with what God has already provided me with, and not myself being greedy in wanting more than what God wants me to have.  I need to be patient in waiting for anything else God wants for my life and be content with what I have now.  I need to enjoy and embrace what I have now, and resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any part of my life. One of my big things I am looking foward to is to be one day having a family of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy