Monday, September 26, 2011

#3 - Authentically Me

Authentically Me
A resolution to value myself and celebrate others


~ Intelligent Design ~
Friday, September 23, 2011

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ What are some minor incidentals you've allowed to shape your self-image or self-worth?

~ How has the decorating scheme of your life turned out differently than you would like as a result of that?

~ Read 1 Peter 2:9-10 and record the statements of value declared concerning you.  Make a point of really studying and meditating on this Scripture, digging more deeply into the truths revealed.
But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY.
~ 1 Peter 2:9-10



~ Supernatural Selection ~
Saturday, September 24, 2011

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
~ Jeremiah 1:5

Three Declarations:
1.) He chose you.
God's choice for you for this leg of the marathon was by design:
- That's why you're here.  In this position.
- Facing that project.
- Married to that man.
- Involved in that friendship.
- Dealing with that issue.
- Living in that neighborhood.
- Spearheading that committee.
- Participating in that activity.
- Mothering those children.
- Living this life.

You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
~ John 15:16

2.) He set you apart.
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
~ 2 Timothy 2:21

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
~ Ephesians 1:3

3.) He has appointed you.
You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
~ John 15:16

Choose at least one of the following verses to study and memorize:
- Ephesians 2:10 ~ a declaration of your importance to God
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
~ Ephesians 2:10

- Jeremiah 1:5 ~ a confirmation of your selection by God
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

~ Jeremiah 1:5

- 2 Corinthians 3:5 ~ a verification of your sufficiency in God
Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,
~ 2 Corinthians 3:5

Things to do for Yourself:
~ Consider the things you may have failed to do because you felt ill equipped or unworthy to participate.  Choose one of them to begin doing this week.


~ Happy to Be You ~
Sunday, September 25, 2011

You are the only you the world has, according to Psalm 139, has been:
- Examined by God
- Known by Him
- Seen by Him
- Protected by Him
- Followed by Him
- Blessed by Him
- Guided by Him
- Strengthened by Him
- Supported by Him
- Carefully created by Him
- Led by Him

Time to uncover and reconnect with these things that truly describe you:
- Your gifts, talents, passions, eccentricities, dislikes, weaknesses, interests, and uniquesnesses
- In their rawest, most unspoiled form

Enlist the help of a few close friends to assist you to:
~ First, ask them to point out, from their own perspective, what makes you unique.
~ Second, pinpoint what way (if any) that you have neglected to see or celebrate these characteristics and become intentional about honoring your uniqueness in the future.

Questions to ask Yourself:
~ Record uniquenesses another people see in you.  Which of these surprise you?

~ Record how you can be more intentional about using and celebrating these characteristics.

~ How would the dynamics of your family, your office, or your relationships benefit from your doing this?


~ The Affirmation Crusade ~
Monday, September 26, 2011

Review:
Take time to look back over your notes from this section.  Consider what will be required for you to live authentically, as well as the freedom you'll experience when you do.  Additionally, think of some other women who, for whatever reason, you are hesitant to compliment.  Make a point to commend them for their unique value and worth to you this week.  Read the resolution out load and sign you name below it.

Authentically Me
I will accept and celebrate my uniqueness, and will esteem and encourage the distinctions I admire in others.


A Note From Myself:
Reading from the book "The Resolution for Women" these past four days, I read up God is the One who created me, just as myself, like no one else.  I will learn to accept and celebrate my uniqueness, because all of it comes from God who made me in His own special way like no other.  I have also learn how to esteem and encourage the distinctions I have come to admire in others of the qualities I myself do not have.  I plan to ask any of my closest friends to explain to me what uniqueness they see in myself, and I plan to do the same for others!

2 comments:

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy