Saturday, October 29, 2011

#13 - Leaving A Godly Legacy

Leaving A Godly Legacy
A resolution to live today with tomorrow in mind

~ Choose Wisely ~
Thursday, October 27, 2011

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.
~ Proverbs 13:22

“See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. ... I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
~ Deuteronomy 30:15-16,19

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ How have you seen (or perhaps tasted for yourself) the long-lasting fruit of personal choices on the lives of others?  How have you been harmed by them?  How have you been blessed by them?

~ What are some of the choices you already know about - ones that are coming up in the next few days, weeks, or months - that will provide you the opportunity to make an impact on your legacy?  What can you do now, ahead of time, to ensure that you choose wisely?

~ List the people most important to you that you desire to leave a godly legacy to.


~ Unexpected Legacy ~
Friday, October 28, 2011

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ If this chapter speaks of your story, what does God seem to be specifically saying to you through it?

~ Who are some younger women that come to your mind who could benefit from a mentoring relationship with you?

~ If perhaps this chapter doesn't apply to you personally, how could you use its truths to both encourage and challenge the single, childless women in your life - to invest themselves in the responsibility of legacy building?


~ Set in Stones ~
Saturday, October 29, 2011

Take for yourselves twelve men from the people, one man from each tribe, and command them, saying, ‘Take up for yourselves twelve stones from here out of the middle of the Jordan, from the place where the priests’ feet are standing firm, and carry them over with you and lay them down in the lodging place where you will lodge tonight.’”

So Joshua called the twelve men whom he had appointed from the sons of Israel, one man from each tribe; and Joshua said to them, “Cross again to the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan, and each of you take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Israel.

Let this be a sign among you, so that when your children ask later, saying, ‘What do these stones mean to you?’ then you shall say to them, ‘Because the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off.’ So these stones shall become a memorial to the sons of Israel forever.”
~ Joshua 4:2-7

Type of woman who journals when...
- Something is pressing on my heart and mind.
- A specific milestone has been reached.
- The Lord has been doing an important, transformative work in me.
- I'm in the middle of particular life occurrence that seems to hold implications I just know will matter in the future.

Review:
This final resolution is the climax of every other one we've made.  The primary purpose of these resolutions has been to assist and support you in leaving a legacy you can be proud of.  As we near the end of our journey, I ask you to use this last experience as the opportunity to tie together everything we've been learning and committing to along the way.  These have not just been pledges to become a better person.  This is about living a life that's bigger than yourself, one that can't be contained by the limits of a human lifetime.  This is about both responsibility and joy - the responsibility to invest heavily in others and the joy of watching God take our smallest gifts and turn them into eternal treasures.  In whatever way He leads you to do this, He will supply you incredible grace and strength to accomplish it.  As you make this resolution, realize you're making a truly lasting difference and that your commitment to these thirteen resolutions will make an impact for generations to come.

You - a woman of great resolves - are establishing a godly legacy.

Leaving A Godly Legacy
I will fully resolve to make today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind.  I will consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.


Note From Myself:
Finally, finishing the last chapter of the last resolution of making today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind, I pray that with everything I learn and continue to learn I will leave a Godly legacy.  I need to consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.  Doing everything with God's purpose in mind and not my own.  I plan to go back through this book sometime in the future possibly when I am in a relationship or married to the guy of my life, where we can be accountable for each other.  For now I will continue to do my best each day for God alone and praying that I do make an impact in anyone in tomorrow's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy