Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#8 - My Integrity

My Integrity
A resolution to live with the highest standards of virtue and purity

~ Structural Soundness ~
Monday, October 10, 2011

How blessed are those whose way is blameless,
Who walk in the law of the LORD.
~ Psalm 119:1

I will not tolerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in myself or my home...

As the mother of evangelist John Wesley is said to have written to her son:
Whatever weakens your reasons, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off the relish of spiritual things - in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind - that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself.

I will give heed to the blameless way.
When will You come to me?
I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart.
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not fasten its grip on me.
~ Psalm 101:2-3

King David wanted to be different, and he expressed several of the commitments he employed to help him achieve his goals - ones that we can make as well:
1.) Have no tolerance for evil.
2.) Closely monitor the type of people you allow to influence you.
3.) Recognize your need for divine help.

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ In light of what John Wesley's mother wrote to him (page 149), what do you participate in right now that...
- weakens your reason.
- impairs the tenderness of your conscience.
obscures your sense of God.
- takes the relish off spiritual things.

~ The Three Percent Difference ~
Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap;
~ Luke 21:34

But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints;
~ Ephesians 5:3

A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.
~ Galatians 5:9

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ Is there an area of your life that you'd be embarrassed or ashamed for others to find out about?

~ How would a deeper, more vulnerable, more comprehensive type of accountability be of use to you in maintaining a high level of integrity?  What would that look like, and would you be willing to submit to it?


~ From Strength to Strength ~
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously.
~ Daniel 6:10

My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths and they have not harmed me, inasmuch as I was found innocent before Him; and also toward you, O king, I have committed no crime.”
~ Daniel 6:22

Review:
Resolving to be a woman of integrity is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.  It means you're free!  No longer living in fear of a secret life being "discovered" or "found out."  By signing and agreeing to this, you are agreeing and transformed you to be.  You're also opening yourself to become an influence and example that will draw others around you to Christ-likeness.  So come on in.  The living's good in here.  Much better than advertised.

My Integrity
I will not tolerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in myself or my home, but will embrace and encourage a life of purity.


Note From Myself:
This chapter of the few sections have really made me look at my life at what I do, what I watch, and just about anything else as I go on about my day.  I will not tolerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, which means before I do something, I need to really pray about what goes on, so that it won't be any kind of an evil influence in myself or my home.  In everything that I do, eat, dress, act, go about my activites, and so much more, I will embrace and encourage a life of purity and not evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy