Saturday, October 15, 2011

#9 - My Heart

My Heart
A resolution to care

~ Look Again ~
Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why do You make me see iniquity,
And cause me to look on wickedness?
Yes, destruction and violence are before me;
Strife exists and contention arises.
~ Habakkuk 1:3

Look among the nations! Observe!
Be astonished! Wonder!
Because I am doing something in your days—
You would not believe if you were told.
~ Habakkuk 1:5

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ What global or local devastations are you currently seeing that stir compassion in your heart?

~ What has kept you from doing something to help?

~ What is one thing you can do and would be willing to make time to do?


~ How Do You Heal an Unbroken Heart? ~
Friday, October 14, 2011

After watching a video clip that moves your heart to reach a lose you hear a choir start to sing:
Beak my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom cause
As I walk from earth into eternity?

He stopped to care for those who were disenfranchised and distressed.
- When He saw the hungry, His heart was broken
And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.”
~ Matthew 15:32

- When He saw the sick, His heart was broken
When He went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and felt compassion for them and healed their sick.
~ Matthew 14:14

- When He saw the emotionally devastated, His heart was broken
When the Lord saw her, He felt compassion for her, and said to her, “Do not weep.”
~ Luke 7:13
Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.
~ John 6:35

- When He saw the lonely and spiritually lost, His heart was broken
Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd.
~ Matthew 9:36

Questions to Ask Yourself:
~ Perhaps you've been burned when trying to reach out too drastically.  People have taken advantage of you of misunderstood your motives.  But when you go to minister Christ's love to another person, what is your real reason for going?  What's a better way to evaluate your success than with measurable, feel-good results alone?


~ Mercy Me ~
Saturday, October 15, 2011

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
~ Ephesians 2:10

He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
~ Micah 6:8

This much you do know:
1.) Do justice.
2.) Love mercy.
3.) Walk humbly with your God.


Justice
- To act
- To do
- A women resolved to justice doesn't take advantage of people, even if she has the means and opportunity to do so.
- A women determines instead to act rightly, to pursue a just solution, to deliberately consider the best way people or circumstances could be served in a particular situation, even at her own expense

Woe to those who scheme iniquity,
Who work out evil on their beds!
When morning comes, they do it,
For it is in the power of their hands.
They covet fields and then seize them,
And houses, and take them away.
They rob a man and his house,
A man and his inheritance.

~ Micah 2:1-2

Mercy
- Kindness
- Love mercy

She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.

~ Proverbs 31:20

Humility
- Justice and mercy together
- Humbly

Review:
I think we've said enough, don't you?  Now's your chance to act on it.  To put in writing what God has been writing on your heart.  You may not know exactly who God will call you to serve or how He will supply the resources to meet their need, but you are resolving to be available.  To keep your eyes and heart open - and full of justice, mercy, and compassion.

My Heart
I will pursue justice, love mercy, and extend compassion towards others.


Note From Myself:
Finally two-thirds of the way through this book, I have come to this chapter of a resolution to care.  This has taught me I must pursue with justice, love mercy, and extend my compassion towards others around me.  As this book has said, I may not know exactly who God will call me to serve or how He will supply the resources to meet everyone need, but I will do my best to be available.  I am learning to keep my eyes and heart open to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my post. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I very much enjoy reading over them!

In Christ,
Tracy